Sunday, August 28, 2011

Which Pastor Jenswold Should We Believe?

Someone phoned me to discuss the LCMC, the first large group to leave the ELCA. I said that looking around LCMC websites proved they were rolling back the clock a few years, but not really dealing with the doctrinal issues. They silent on Biblical inerrancy, promote women's ordination, and support Pentecostalism. I decided not to drop by the LCMC confab in Des Moines, as much as I would love to enjoy the night life in that wild city on the Great Plains. I am quite sure the LCMC loves Fuller and Church Shrinkage as much as WELS, Missouri, and the Little Sect on the Prairie.


The couple said, "Pastor Jenswold agrees 100% with you."


I replied, "Really? He told his brother-in-law that I am mentally ill. I have that in writing."


The couple was just flabbergasted, because they hated the Church Growth Movement and joined Shepherd of Peace because I opposed CG in favor of Lutheran doctrine (imagine that).


The double-talk, which might be called lying, is standard in WELS. SP Schroeder never reads Ichabod, he claims, but he hunts down WELS members who post in Ichabod using their own names. You will not see clearly identified WELS people posting on Ichabod again. That is how WELS settles its dozens of doctrinal and criminal problems.


Schroeder got red-faced and wanted to tell me off at the Emmaus Conference, via Brett Meyer, but backed down. Yet he tells people "There are good things on Ichabod." But I thought he did not read Ichabod.


Since Jenswold is now in happy-Appleton-land, he may be posing as a great Ichabod expert. Perhaps Fox Valley is the catch-basin for Columbus effluent, since Glende reigns supreme there.


If Jenswold wants to talk, be sure to ask, "Didn't you say you agreed 100% with Jackson?"


WELS loves to say, "Write a letter." I sent certified letters to Jenswold, Lindemann, and Schroeder. Not one of them answered the letter, but all three signed the return receipt.