Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stop for the Satire, Stay for the Doctrinal Quotations

Parlow, Jeske, Kelm, and Patterson
entertain without edifying.

LutherRocks has left a new comment on your post "1580 Has Upgraded His Identity": 


You guys are preaching to the choir for the most part because it is anti-UOJers that partake here on a daily or weekly basis I would surmise. I do pray however that there are misguided laymen (and even clergy) that do come here not for the satire, but for the solid confessional posting by Dr. Jackson and his commenting audience. And I pray that they can take it to heart. I was one of the misguided at one time.




I truly believe that the ambiguity of UOJ afforded the WELS the excuse to excommunicate us since we did have quite a long laundry list of practices that were leading Holy Word (and Christ the Rock for that matter) away from its sworn oath to uphold teachings in the Book of Concord (and ultimately Scripture). All in the name of church growth. Ha!


I can not say for sure because I do not know their hearts, but it seems to me there are those who are leading Lutherans away from pure teachings to Universalism. The rest are paralyzed by fear (or are ambivalent) and will paint themselves into a corner eventually by setting precedents (or going along with them) as was the case with us.


We are in the end times. Lord, come quickly, thy will be done.

You think I am a Tele-Tubbie?
***

GJ - SP Schroeder immediately assured his sect that Joel Hochmuth was forgiven his many felonies, but nothing was done about the recent excommunications for questioning Church and Changers. The only sin is questioning Holy Mother Immaculate Synod or its infallible priesthood.