Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WELS Conference of Presidents Catches
Some Rays in Puerto Rico:
Am I a Soldier of the Cross?

This is one of the many hardships and sacrifices
shouldered by the uncomplaining WELS Conference of Pussycats.



The meeting should be breaking up now, so don't accuse your upper Midwestern boss of using bronzer. That is a legitimate tan. Fortunately, one of cabana boys Tweeted some photos from this arduous meeting.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown."

"If word of this meeting place gets out, we are tattooed."

"Dudes, how do I look?
It doesn't make me look, uh, you know, does it?" 

---

"Am I a Soldier of the Cross"
by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748


1. Am I a soldier of the Cross,
A foll'wer of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own
His cause Or blush to speak His name?

2. Must I be carried to the skies
On flow'ry beds of ease
While others fought to win the prize
And sailed thro' bloody seas?

3. Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace
To help me on to God?

4. Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord!
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.

5. Thy saints in all this glorious war
Shall conquer though they die;
They see the triumph from afar
With faith's discerning eye.

6. When that illustrious Day shall rise
And all Thine armies shine
In robes of victory through the skies,
The glory shall be Thine.

Hymn #445
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: 1 Cor. 16:13
Author: Isaac Watts, 1721
Composer: Thomas Ests, 1592
Tune: "Winchester Old"

---

bruce-church (https://bruce-church.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "WELS Conference of Presidents Catches Some Rays in...":

I thinks it's called hiding out from the media after the Joel Hochmuth fiasco. Why say, "No Comment" repeatedly when you can instead be lying on a hammock two thousand miles away?

***

GJ - The call reports are a month late, too. I wonder how many sudden vacancies have appeared.