Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tim Reveals His Mequon Textbook on Counseling

Jackson, Krohn, and Meyer Are All Calvinists




Jackson, Krohn, and Meyer Are All Calvinists - From Fake-o-Blog

Jay E. Adams is a Reformed, Calvinistic writer who published a land-mark book on Christian counseling in 1970 entitled, Competent to Counsel. Adams is a Calvinist who belongs to the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. On page 70 of his book, published by Baker Book House of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Adams wrote this:

"Counselors must not tell any unsaved counselee that Christ died for him, for they cannot say that. No man knows except Christ himself who are his elect for whom he died."

This is Calvinism at its finest. Adams' statement reflects the Calvinistic teaching of limited atonement, the "L" in the acronym "TULIP." this is the same sort of drivel that we hear from Dr. Gregory L. Jackson and his two disciples Joe Krohn and Brett Meyer.

Are Jackson, Krohn and Meyer Calvinists? The evidence tells us, "Yes, they are!"

***

GJ - Readers may wonder why Tim Glende is quoting Jay Adams, since no one ever accused him of being studious or going to a library. If someone wants a quiet place to study at The Sausage Factory, the library is ideal. No one ever uses it.

Jay Adams is the main author for counseling at Mequon. Yes, the Calvinist. I have never read a page of Jay Adams, but all the WELS smoky links are cured in Jay Adams' Calvinism.

I will publish a post on Calvinism later, but I want to leave everyone with an anecdote from a WELS MDiv. He looked over my library and said, "All your books are Lutheran! All my books, from required reading lists, are Reformed!"

Many Mequon students said, "You read German?"

I said, "You are getting Lutheran degree and you don't?"

---

Fake-o-Blog just wrote:

Brett, we have never had the acquaintance of knowing someone as disingenuous and hypocritical as you! You write on our blog and ask to have a debate, and then you run over to Jackson's blog and he posts what you wrote on ours. When we respond to you, you have Jackson post our response, then you call us anti-Christian, anti-Trinitarian and everything else under the sun. Go peddle your Calvinistic spiritual poison somewhere else.


***


GJ - No one "has me" do anything. I simply post almost everything I receive. I cannot help it if Brett provokes a hilarious outburst from Tim Glende.





---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Tim Reveals His Mequon Textbook on Counseling":

That's a funny little diatribe from The Glory Is Departed. There isn't anything disingenuous or hypocritical in what I wrote or posted on either blog.

I posted what the request for a debate on Ichabod myself. It was simply an effort to communicate to a much wider audience that an offer to debate UOJ was extended to the anonymous bloggers at the anti-Ichabod site.

I also didn't run over, I merely moved the cursor a quarter inch on my monitor and clicked the real Ichabod site and with a deft copy/paste a gazillion people could read the request. If it was only visible on the anti-Ichabod site maybe 3 people would know that they had been extended an invitation to defend their central doctrine.

Odd that they would get so agitated because someone judges them to be anti-Christian. I've made my confession clear when stating that UOJ is a false gospel. Christ delcares that those who teach false gospels are accursed in Galations. But it is understandable when the (W)ELS, LCMS and ELCA all consider the Antichrist's church to be Christian that they would be offended when not being included in the same ranks. Interesting that they consider a denomination Christian even though it's adherents are damned to Hell for believing in perfect harmony with it's teachings. They would say that makes me a legalist. I say it makes me someone who doesn't believe there are Christians in Hell. I digress... Going to move my cursor now and post this comment on the anti-Ichabod site. done.

***

GJ - It's a bit deceptive to adopt a similar title and claim to be Real. But that comes from a lazy student who copies Groeschel and calls it his sermon or Ski's.