Sunday, April 15, 2012

Doctrinal and Hymn Graphics Scattered Abroad on Facebook

Today's version, 640 pixels wide.
This is one of my first doctrinal graphics.
I learned this was not a good way to make a graphic.
Now I take a landscape (wide) shape and put the quotation below.
Tall  (portrait) graphics are often on the left, text on the right.
For hymns, I try to include all the verses.




I was surprised this morning to find that a Facebook group I joined was using my Luther graphic. I was also pleased. The idea was to produce graphics that could be shared all over the Net, without needing permission or credit.

When Norma Boeckler has drawn the art, I credit her. She has generously donated her time for this art, which her favorite area of work.

I let a few doctrinal page groups know about the graphics, and they were copying them right away. Therefore, I added most of them to my own Facebook photo albums. Friends can tag their favorites to themselves and have use of them. I am more inclined to right click and save to the hard drive, which is why I have to search for my own graphics...often.

They have shown that the right-brain (artistic) and left-brain (logical) are not really hemispheres in the brain, but the concept is good. I can find my own favorite quotes better because I associate them with pictures.

Various people have expressed their appreciation for the hymn graphics, too, which became a sideline when I started on Hebrews 11.

Once I thought, "That would be great to create stained glass windows, pictures with a Biblical message." Now I can do that without getting my fingers sliced on glass.

Do you remember the only Luther-Melanchthon student who
translated the Bible?
A graphic makes it easier.