Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good Questions from Nathan Bickel, WELS - About Murdoch's NNIV

If this label makes sense,
you are 100% WELS.
Irony.

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "WELS-LCMS Biblical Stance - An Exercise in Irony":

My wife and I are relatively new to WELS. And, hence, that is part of the reason I have to plead a dearth of awareness about the WELS effort to come up with an official new Bible translation.

But, be that as it may - it has been my understanding that the WELS Translation Evaluation Committee (TEC) was given the task of evaluating some modern English translations as WELS was convinced that a different one was [is] needed to be adopted, because the 1984 NIV would no longer be practically accessible for synod wide usage.

Some questions keep cropping up in my mind. Perhaps, someone could help fill me in:

1) Who and / or what process determined to place the new NIV 11 gender neutral translation into the mix of other translations for the TEC'S evaluation review?

2) Also, who, and / or what process determined that the TEC had the proper authority to give a thumbs up to the NIV 11 gender neutral translation?

3) Furthermore, who, and / or what process determined that the TEC had the proper authority to manufacture a (slanted) 4 part WELS (synodical / official) Bible study for the WELS membership, dealing with the translation issue?

Finally, this whole ongoing saga makes me think of the crude analogy [as no analogy is perfect] of entrusting some fox with some possible architectural hen house plans.

The NNIV!
Clap, clap. Throw me a fish.
---

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "Good Questions from Nathan Bickel, WELS - About Mu...":

Thank you for the generous compliment - about asking some good questions. I was hoping that some WELS pastors "out there" might be able to help me out. But, then again, I get the feeling that you have a significant number of pastor visitors to your out of the norm website, but few who feel they have the freedom in Christ to speak plainly about certain pertinent issues.

But, be that as it may, - I'm sorry to bother you, Pastor Jackson, - but, I have another question: "Are you talking about that big money head cheese when you make reference to 'Murdoch?'" Is that the same Rupert Murdoch who tapes the lips shut of Bill O'Reilly, Hannity and the rest of the FOX Network crew about our unconstitutional White House Occupier's forgery deceptions and his US non natural born citizenship status?

Furthermore, are you suggesting that this Murdoch, possesses tentacle money grubbing paws to profit from the new NIV 11? Somewhere, I may have read or heard that he is connected to the propaganda push of the newest gender neutral Bible translation - unless, as a relatively new visitor to your website, I gathered, such? Please correct me if I have this wrong, or am just imagining all of this.....

Nathan M. Bickel - pastor emeritus

www.thechristianmessage.org

www.moralmatters.org

***

GJ - Murdoch's media empire owns Zondervan, which owns the NIV, which owns the hearts and souls of the Church and Changers, the Jeske Group.