Sunday, April 29, 2012

Monthly Pages Reads - 30% Higher Than One Year ago

Banning Ichabod is a great promotional tool.
Please keep it going, synodocats.

---

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "Monthly Pages Reads - 30% Higher Than One Year ago...":

Pastor Jackson -

I know that it is always gratifying as a website owner to experience increased statistics! But, how can you possibly (objectively) interpret web stats, correctly? Could you still be suffering from some past Church Growth infection that you thought you got rid of with your past synodical UOJ associations ? How do you know if these page visitations aren't just some visiting Ichabod for the hilarious, stately and descriptive pics you post, without reading all the weighty content?

Nathan M. Bickel - pastor emeritus

www.thechristianmessage.org

www.moralmatters.org 

***

GJ - The Appleton Dumbling Gang began by sending anonymous comments to me - that no one was reading this blog, that I was making up comments! Actually, Tim Glende sends his own comments to himself, although Jim Pierce and Joel Lillo probably contribute a few.

When I reached 15,000+ comments,  I asked whether it was possible to make up my own comments.

I am sure readers visit the site for different reasons. SP Schroeder "hasn't read it for years" but seems to know every time a WELS member or pastor posts to the blog. Then he pounces like a hobo on a hotdog.

A college student told me that half the Martin Luther College faculty members have Google Alerts set up in case they are mentioned on Ichabod.

I could relate some interesting tales, but that would reveal too much.

I do not expect everyone to read everything. But this is a good place to find news about apostasy in all denominations.

One person has done a lot of research about extortionate tuition practices, waged against LCMS seminary students. No one else has exposed the $100,000 LCMS seminary cost.

Various people have decided that they can reach everyone by giving me information. If they share it with their pastor or CP, or go to those people, as they are commanded, they get nowhere and the cover-up begins. Nathan - aren't you getting a free ad in your signature? Heh, heh. I remember suggesting that.

I plan on expanding the Luther offerings, because people are going to find it easy to search Ichabod for Luther sermons and materials in the public domain.

I could be in business, but I give things away as much as I can. Faithfulness to the Word is the only measure of success.

This is how I feel after a good day of blogging.

This is the WELS leadership after a day of reading Ichabod.

PS - Page-reads went up and stayed up after I posted all 8 volumes of Luther's sermons here. I feel very good about that.