Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Plagiarism Update - Paul McCain.


Mrs. Ichabod asked this morning, "Has McCain plagiarized anything new today?"

I said, "Not yet."

When I saw that Aardvark Alley posted on the Nicean Council, I looked up Cyberbrethren. There was the AA post, with some slight improvements over blatant plagiarism.

Pope Paul wrote  HT: Aardvark Alley  and linked AA's URL. But that was at the end of the post.

I appreciated that he left the links in the post, which included AA links and Wikipedia, but attribution belongs at the beginning, to show that the entire post is from AA. As any freshman in college knows, Paul's bottom of the page citation means, "I got the ideas from AA, but the words are all mine."

The comments from various people thank Paul  - as if he wrote the post:



Stuart
June 12th, 2010 at 06:43 | #1 Reply | Quote
Thank you for this, it’s so healthy to remember these great events in our heritage….


Randy Bosch
June 12th, 2010 at 16:14 | #2 Reply | Quote
Thanks for sharing this brief commemorative recapitulation.
Historical critical “progressives” have cast out the record in favor of revisions to meet a secular agenda, making republishing of the true story extremely critical.
A link to a publication with the complete and accurate history of the early Councils would be very valuable!


Jonathan Trost
June 12th, 2012 at 07:21 | #3 Reply | Quote
Thanks for that good prayer and article, Pastor.
I’ve read that “Vatican II” (1962) changed the Nicene Creed from “I believe…” to “We believe…”, amd that many American Protestant churches (ELCA, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Methodist, Reformed) have followed suit.
Do(es) any here know the purpose and significance, if any, of this change?
Thanks!

Bruce Kintz had something about social media on Facebook. I posted my URL about his underling's plagiarism. Bruce acted fast! He erased my post and unfriended me.

CPH - Dummies Guide To Blogging.

Note that Bruce gets $320,000 a year to run a publishing business that will not tolerate plagiarism of their books. But his $180,000 a year subordinate, Paul McCain, can plagiarize while lecturing his betters on how to blog.