Sunday, July 29, 2012

Open Letter to SP Mark Schroeder


Ichabod -

I just sent this email response to WELS president Rev. Mark Schroeder. Please publish it, (if you will), as it is meant to be an open letter:


Dear Rev. Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, President, Mark Schroeder,


Consider this short email a response to your last recent email to me, as I make reference to, in my recently posted ichabodthegloryhasdeparted.blogspot.com/ website published posting:




I will be frank with you. As the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod chief operating officer "president," you sent me two emails of general nature. When asked by me to be specific, your second email did not provide specifics, only to (basically) say (in so many words) that you have taken exception to what I have publicly communicated. Apparently, you either read the ichabodthegloryhasdeparted.blogspot.com/ website, authored by Rev. Dr. Gregory Jackson, or someone sent you a copy of some of my “Ichabod” comments and / or published articles.


But, be that as it may, I assert that you need to come to the conclusion, admitting that WELS and some of its member congregations (and pastors) have been errant in their teaching and preaching. I have to conclude that you are apparently tolerant and / or in agreement of such widespread practice of false teaching of Scripture that is not in accordance with the Book of Concord as Luther taught the hallmark Biblical teaching of "justification by faith alone." [Ephesians 2:8-9 ; Romans 1:17 ; Galatians 2:16] For further understanding, I leave you with an “Ichabod” link:




I am convinced that you and others in high synodical bureaucratic positions of influence in the WELS, have been aware for some time now, how Dr. Gregory Jackson via his http://ichabodthegloryhasdeparted.blogspot.com/ website, has clearly pointed out the present doctrinal error in Christendom – that, being, “universal objective justification" – the same false doctrine, as taught, preached, practiced and promulgated in the denominational world of Lutheranism; WELS, included.


Hence, I ask that you make wise use of your time not wasting that time, emailing me, but that you rather labor to cease the proliferation of false doctrine in WELS and also work with your Lutheran synodical counterparts, in sincere efforts to stop the anti-Scriptural teaching of universal objective justification and its sinful cancerous [type] promulgating furtherance. I ask you to be brutally honest with yourself; strip yourself of ecclesiastical pretentiousness and get on with the work of the Lord. Please do that - I urge you, not only as a matter of Gospel honesty and self respect, but for the high noble goal, - [that being] defending the Christian Faith [Jude 3] - not denying and contradicting it.


Sincerely,


Nathan M. Bickel - emeritus pastor


www.thechristianmessage.org


www.moralmatters.org


Email Copy:  To the “Ichabod” website as an open letter: