Monday, August 27, 2012

The 1982 Justification Essay by Dr. Robert Preus

Dr. Robert Preus always taught UOJ?
In 1982 he offered the best quotations against it,
the same ones used in Justification and Rome.


Dr. Robert Preus' 1982 essay about justification is linked here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5009355/Robert%20Preus%20-%20Justification_essay.pdf


If someone would like to reproduce this in Word format, I can post it so the entire essay is easier to read and share.

Let me know if you have the time and inclination - gregjackson1948@qwest.net

---

Medium Rare wrote this:


Okay, just thought maybe I should read through the Preus paper:
When I hit this line I stopped; 

His anger has been stilled and He is at peace with the world, and therefore He has declared the entire world in Christ to be righteous.

I have to say "How in the world could a theologian come up with that?"
What part of the Bible does that line up with?  As I said earlier.
John 6: 32-71  paints an entirely different picture.


As we both know , it was just one giant step for pietists, called "Lutheran", toward going completely for Universalism.   

I can't figure out what is farther off. Calvinist that deny the real presence etc. or Pietist (called Lutheran) that teach that all were declared righteous 2000+ years ago.    Oh my!  

Well "you woke me up"! :-)

***

GJ - My response is that the essay is a mixture of UOJ and JBFA. The interesting part is his early use of quotations that obliterate UOJ. I will post those below. They appeared in Justification and Rome, many years later. However, the book contains no UOJ.

Quoted in the 1982 essay, page 7,
and in Justification and Rome.
Furtive UOJ can be found asserted on page 9 of the essay.


This is a paragraph on page 12 of the essay.