Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Promises Are Offered in the Gospel,
And Faith Receives These Promises



A. Berean has left a new comment on your post "But I Thought a Billionaire Adulterer Was Holier T...":

It's odd how UOJ teaches that forgiveness and justification have been given to all apart from faith and apart from the Means of Grace, when the Scripture specifically says that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ is given to them that believe (Galatians 3:22). The Confessors understood this, and that's why they always spoke of the promise being offered to men in the Gospel, and given to them that believe.



---

A. Berean has left a new comment on your post "The Promises Are Offered in the Gospel, And Faith ...":

I never grow tired of that Scripture term: the righteousness of faith (Romans 4:13). I don't know if I could use it enough, "the righteousness of faith...the righteousness of faith..."

---

quercuscontramalum (http://quercuscontramalum.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "The Promises Are Offered in the Gospel, And Faith ...":

(from Luther's Commentary on Galatians 2:6, quoting the sentences immediately before those in your Pope graphic)

"I know that a Christian should be humble, but against the Pope I am going to be proud and say to him: 'You, Pope, I will not have you for my boss, for I am sure that my doctrine is divine.' Such pride against the Pope is imperative, for if we are not stout and proud we shall never succeed in defending the article of the righteousness of faith."