Saturday, November 10, 2012

No Call Paul Has Trouble with Honesty


Paul T. McCain, MDiv
So, get this, there’s a guy who runs a really wacky web site (RWWS) and whines about the fact that I quote from various sources but do not use Chicago Manual of Style references. He routinely prints a picture of Martin Chemnitz on his site that I took when I was in Braunschweig, Germany several years ago, without attribution of any kind. Go figure! Pretty funny stuff actually.

***

GJ - Now we discover that Paul McCain is just "quoting from various sources." Like most plagiarists, he has a cover story.

He has routinely copied Roman Catholic and Lutheran publications verbatim with little or no citations, endeavoring to leave the impression that he wrote them. We all got a laugh from McCain copying from The Catholic Encyclopedia and leaving a link to his plagiarism on LutherQuest, as if he wanted us to read Rome's devotion about St. Barnabas or to share in the Miraculous Lactation of Mary, the Got Milk? feeding of St. Bernard. 

Undergraduates do the same thing when I mention their essay was 99% from the Net.
Excuse Number One - "But I gave a citation at the end!" 
Excuse Number Two - "But I changed a few words!"

To copy more than five words in a row, while giving the impression of original writing, is plagiarism. Among many other assertions  McCain claims to be an editor and draws a salary and benefits from Concordia Publishing House. An editor should know this about academic dishonesty, and his overpaid boss Bruce Kintz should know it too. But Bruce unfriended me on Facebook when I gave him the evidence of McCain's plagiarism.

I have never mentioned the Chicago Manual of Style. That is another McCain smokescreen, a straw man. So I demanded the CMS while insidiously stealing his great art? No I said he should stop pretending to write original work when stealing the work of others, especially papalist propaganda.

CPH has no credibility when the top two salaried employees engage in this deception. And where is the apology? McCain demands that people repent and apologize for teaching justification by faith. But like all UOJ Enthusiasts, he considers himself born forgiven and above mortal consequences.

I can usually find his graphics borrowed from the Net. He is grieved that I have borrowed his Chemnitz graphic. But look at how ugly it is. A line comes down his face. I got the impression this was photographed from a book, whoever did it. At any rate, I fixed up the crease-face and used that for the basis of several graphics. At some point a Photoshop becomes original work. Perhaps McCain would like to litigate that point. Doubtless ecclesiastical lawyers have spoken to him more than once about his behavior.

Anyone can see I do not use the crease-face that McCain uses. My earlier point is that McCain will mark the birthday of Chemnitz and act as if he really cares. But does he agree with Chemnitz the Concordist or Rambach the Pietist and Huber the Calvinist?

McCain is another Inspector Javert on the trail of anyone who confesses justification by faith. He desire to claim the creased face of the Second Martin is just as odd as his self-description as a "confessional Lutheran."

In fact, I recall No Call Paul using my version of Chemnitz, without the crease and with the colors adjusted. Those of us with more than copy and paste skills can do that sort of thing.

---



Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel said...
Ichabod -

I will be gracious with this McCain plagiarizer guy. Hence, I will put the best construction on this issue. I think that the St. Bernard admirer cannot help himself. Perhaps, he should stop spiking his Mother Mary lactation milk?

---

Paul McCain has left a new comment on your post "No Call Paul Has Trouble with Honesty":

Greg, thanks for helping us understand your situational ethics. Love it. You are one really funny guy.

It is ok for you to steal intellectual property as long as you doctor it up on photoshop (sic).

Interesting understanding you have there of copyright law and the seventh commandment.

You crack me up.

Can you please work up some more photoshop (sic) stuff of me as the Pope?

I rather like it. I think I look great in papal duds.

: )

LOL.

***

GJ - I thought they taught editors at editor school to honor a trademark. Photoshop is a trademark. To use the word in lowercase is similar to dishonoring the trademark. Zipper was a trademark until it fell into common usage. Coke and Pepsi want to remain distinctive, to retain their claim, so food vendors will always correct a Pepsi order when they only have Coke and vice versa. The cola companies send out lawyers to pounce if their brand name is not honored. McCain should know that, but he was a political appointment, as revealed in the massive recall of his botched Book of Concord publication.

Read about McCain's epic fail on the Book of Concord here:

http://ichabodthegloryhasdeparted.blogspot.com/2010/07/epic-fail-of-paul-mccain-mdiv.html