Monday, December 3, 2012

Moving Memories - Books To Keep

Father Mapple preached from the prow of a ship
in his sailors' chapel.
The Gregory Peck movie was scary and strange
for children.
We have settled down enough in our new home to enjoy some normal days, knowing where the essentials are. We moved to downsize our rent and be closer to higher education work, since Bella Vista is north of the population center of Northwest Arkansas.

I divided my library into three sections:

  1. Books to keep,
  2. Books to sell or give away.
  3. Books that need mailing.


The books to keep are:
Luther's Sermons - the old red 8 volume Lenker set - my favorite reading in the car and at doctors' offices.
Luther's Galatians Commentary - Kregel edition.
Concordia Triglotta - Sassy chewed on it, but the binding stood up to her hunger.
All Martin Chemnitz books - Examination, Enchiridion, Two Natures of Christ, Lord's Supper.
Moby Dick - The novel that is not a novel.
The Wind in the Willows
Dickens - A Christmas Carol.

Many great books are digital now and easy to call up and use, such as Luther's works.

I lost track of how many boxes of books I have gathered and given away, perhaps 50 boxes. I am not sure. I look for bargains and give them away to friends and students.