The major difficulty among Lutherans today is the game of pretend. Some examples are:
- The so-called conservatives have worked with ELCA for decades and danced to ELCA's tune, while piously looking down their Pharisaical noses at ELCA.
- ELCA, LCMS, WELS, ELS, and the CLC (sic) all jumped on the Fuller bandwagon and never admitted it. Schroeder of WELS bragged about "becoming more confessional" while excommunicating an orthodox pastor and funding a boozey Emergent Church plagiarist.
- The unifying principle for the denominations listed above is Universal Objective Justification - they all believe and act upon the notion that the entire world is forgiven and saved.
- Millions of dollars are routinely wasted, criminals protected, and the innocent bamboozled.
- The American Lutherans today are unified by apostasy, and they love it.
I don't believe they "Lutheran" Synods will ever return to purely confessing the chief article of Christ's doctrine. There will however be individuals and possibly individual churches that will, by the grace and mercy of God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, wake up to the damning and soul destroying effects of the false, rationalistic, New Age gospel of Universal Objective Justification.
I recently met two individuals in Oregon State that were actively contending for Christ and His singular Word. And at the time the particular issue they were addressing was the false gospel of Objective Justification. They were two of the kindest people I've met and were sincerely concerned with holding to the true and saving faith, pure doctrine and right practice.
May God bless and keep them, and those like them, who are daily taking up Christ's Cross, contending for pure doctrine and enduring in the One True Faith.
The gentlemen's name was Vernon and the lady's name was Jami. Thank you for your warm reception and more importantly your brotherhood in Christ as part of His Church. Christ's abundant blessings to you and yours.