Thursday, April 10, 2014

Another WELS Pastor from Fox Valley Needs an Intervention.

Kudu Don Patterson hates this graphic,
perhaps because it is too close to the truth:
Parlow, Jeske, Kelm, Patterson,
Church and Change Tele-tubbies.


WELS Pastor Joel Jillo, Fox Valley, via GMail - one of three from him today:

Gregory the P*** Poor,

Just thought I'd share with you the post I shared on Confessional Lutheran Fellowship on Facebook this morning.  Since I've wisely blocked you on Facebook, I know there's no way you'd see it there.  I won't be sending you any more comments since I know they will never be shared on your bog (sp. intentional).

Have fun living in your insignificance.

--Joel Lillo

Well, I may not have accomplished a lot in my life, but I can say this: I, personally, closed down the comments section of Greg Jackson's blog -- Ichabod, the Glory Has Departed.  Some of you may be familiar with it.  IN this blog, Greg uses unfunny photoshop pictures to make fun of people he dislikes in the WELS under the guise of exposing "false teaching."  He has been a fighter against the teaching of Objective Justification and sees in that doctrine everything that is wrong with the WELS (and, to a lesser extent, LCMS).  

For the longest time, he moderated comments on his blog, but about a year ago, his blog changed formats so that two things happened: 1) His posts would always show "No Comments" on the main page and 2) You could post things without moderation.  After a while, I was the only one posting comments on his blog (usually snarky one liners about how foolish I thought the whole enterprise is). I think that everyone else assumed that there were no comments to read so they never clicked on the "no comments" link. Finally, today, Greg announced that he would only accept comments via e-mail.  

I felt good reading that knowing that I had made a small contribution to truth and decency on the web.

Here's the link to his announcement:

Deputy Doug has always supported
Ski's obnoxious behavior.
WELS knows how to get even with dissenters.


***

GJ - I was sharing with Dr. Bruce Church my frustrations with the comments. Ditto to Brett Meyer. Google Blogger has messed with their own software in the last few months, so I decided to switch to email comments.

Lillo suffers from delusions of grandeur if he thinks he shut down the comments. The most compassionate comment I have heard about Lillo, from his own area, is that he is "strange."

Lillo is not the only one posting comments - as if that mattered. He likes to pick a metric and then decide that metric makes him a winner. Page-views a year? One million. That he cannot face, so he invents factoids about comments. 

McCain and Kilcrease both asked for Photoshops and they got them. One WELS reader wrote last week to say:

"This morning, I was reading Ichabod and broke out into near uncontrollable laughter over the latest graphics. At first, it reminded me of the satirical political cartoonists of the late 19th century. Then, I thought of the woodcuts used in Luther's time."

----
Ski has a call - already?

Another email today from WELS Pastor Joel Lillo, quoting himself on Facebook:

Joel Lillo What Jackson left out in his reporting about Ski's situation is the serious way in which his church handled the events. He makes it look as if they just laughed it off with a drunken frat boy attitude. That couldn't be further from the truth. His congregation, without any prompting or prodding from anyone, put Ski on suspension and put him through a rigorous (for want of better term) spiritual rehab program. From my own personal knowledge of the events, I know that there was sincere repentance for the sin he committed and there was a great deal of concern on the part of the church that the offense would be removed as much as it could be before he was allowed to return to his work in the congregation. And, no, I don't think what he did automatically disqualified him from any further ministry. It would have if he and the congregation had taken the attitude toward his offenses that Jackson says they did. I'm not sure what prompted their legal action against the member who brought the charges. Knowing the situation, I would assume that there were adequate reasons for it. But I don't have any personal knowledge of the whys and wherefores of that.

***

GJ - Everyone in the district received a letter about Ski's behavior, behavior which DP Engelbrecht and SP Mark Schroeder endorsed by cutting a deal for CRM and a call for Ski:
  • Ski boozed at work and bragged about having five 20-ounce beers for lunch. Legally drunk.
  • Ski kept a generous supply of beer at the "church" and drank steadily.
  • Ski made multiple obscene remarks to a married woman to worked for The CORE.
  • Ski showed this woman an X-rated photo of a football star, tricking her into viewing it.
  • Ski sued the woman's husband in court for daring to comment on his suitability as a pastor, when CRM status was openly discussed, at the request of St. Peter, Freedom. Glende and two others sued the victim's husband at the same time. The judged laughed Glende out of court and the petitions were dropped.
  • Ski participated in excommunicating Rick Techlin, an attorney and member of St. Peter Freedom, for identifying the Glende/Ski plagiarisms and pointing out they lied about their plagiarism.
UOJ Buchholz laughed about Ski's alcoholism,
a typical WELS reaction, since it is a drunken, abusive sect.