Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Guilty As Charged


Polluted WELS Blog






OCP said...
I'd love to believe that myself, but it's quite hard with how I have seen WELS handle anyone who brings it up.

I have brought it up. In personal and public conversations (not just websites that will be copied and pasted onto someone else's blog, used to advance their personal agenda. Hence my "pathetic" anonymity.) And I have had very civil discussions, without ever being called a heretic, nor calling anyone else in the discussion a heretic. And I still have my call. I have even been elected or appointed to several conference, district, and Synod positions. So I don't think I haven been "handled" by WELS.

So I have to think there is a difference between my situation and that of those who have been "handled" by WELS. I don't know what that difference is, but to say that anyone who brings this up gets "handled" is not accurate. And I know that because I have lived it.

And now, having made myself the target, I think I'll back away from the keyboard for a while...

OCP
***
GJ - If you care to read the thread of 102+ comments so far, you will see this anonymous writer has plenty of snide remarks and typos to prove he really is a WELS pastor.
I can accuse OCP of this. "You read Ichabod!" That is a sin, but WELS Meditations says all sins are forgiven all people, past, present, and future.
WELS's Meditations, March-May 2014, for Monday, 17 March 2014.  The howler is in the second column reads:  "No matter what you did yesterday -- or failed to do -- and no matter what you will do tomorrow, God has forgiven you."
UOJ has consequences.
The tyrant on the left will unburden himself to the WELS teachers.

WELS Youth Fun and Games.


Your CMO funds at work, starting a rival service
a few blocks away - same toxic message.


UOJ sermon from St. Paul WELS, not far from The CORE, starting at 32.40.

All the usual Universalistic baloney is recited, without any support.