Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hysterical Reactions to an Opposing View



I was looking over Facebook posts when I saw a long one on how disgusted some of my classmates were over the Supreme Court decision (Hobby Lobby).

They were not angry with the Supreme Court, but with "stupid" comments posted by people they knew.

I added this link to their thread Liberals Call for Burning Hobby Lobby.

"I am spending the majority of my time on Facebook hiding and deleting posts. I'm seriously thinking of going off for a while, because I have reached my limit of stupid!!"

Another:
" I just read a couple of words and move on. It isn't worth the effort to read some of the "stupid" unintelligent political stuff. It amazes me some of the nicest people are so politically dense, I don't need to raise my blood pressure. I will never be able to change their minds and I sure as heck won't change mine. I would never say some of the things they say about some of our leaders even if I don't like them so I just move on."

I have seen this reaction many times. As I wrote before, one version of it is called "jamming" by the gay activists. They stage a mass attack because something has irritated them. In my case, I quoted the activist who came out a few seconds after graduating from the WELS college called Martin Luther College.

Hobby Lobby Decision
I pointed out to a pro-life friend that the US Constitution does not mandate abortions, health care, or free sex. The Left dwells on their assumption of newly invented rights, which include the right to forcing companies to pay for their version of health care.

What grieves me is the refusal to consider another viewpoint, or even to read another perspective. Isn't that strange, to unfriend and delete posts from people who are pro-life? 

Naturally, this leads to a reaction that no one has a right to express an opinion that varies with the fad du jour of the Left, whatever that might be.

The only way to form a legitimate argument is to understand the opposing viewpoint, frame it as honestly as possible, and refute it with evidence.

I do not know how research can be done any other way.


"We found the rebel outpost,
where they were posting Luther's sermons.
The WELS/LCMS/ELS cults are safe again."


UOJ and Other Inanities
The UOJ Stormtroopers have operated the same way for years, but they are losing their grip - and their sanity.

When someone writes about justification by faith - or worse - the errors of Universal Justification Without Faith, they start jamming. Cult members send in the riot squads to stop the discussion.

The UOJ Stormtroopers never offer a fair description of justification by faith, which is unquestionably the position of Luther, Melanchthon, Chytraeus, Andreae, Chemnitz, Gerhard, Calov, and many others. More importantly, the Biblical position is exclusively justification by faith and never UOJ.

The UOJ Enthusiasts have gone farther than quoting Synodical Conference dimwits (starting with Walther) on their topic. They may start with Franz Pieper, who was forced into office by Walther to repeat CFW's error and canonize them in the Brief Statement.

Walther had to be stupid, because he never realized that he was following a flagrant adulterer with syphilis, a teen virgin chaser who covered his tracks with UOJ.

After all, the official story is that Walther suddenly found out about the adultery, even though Bishop Stephan left his wife and dying children in Dresden, took his mistress on the same ship, living with her in flagrante, and raised plenty of suspicion in St. Louis. That is why the cult bought Mormon land and left town.

Bishop Stephan was another Warren Jeff, and the clergy knew it. Or they did not know it. That is what I mean about UOJ fanatics all being liars. They cannot get their stories straight, even after 150 years of practice.

CFW Walther, being without actual sin,
was assumed into heaven.