Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another Hissy from a WELS Minder - On Polluted WELS



https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5245975699731845112&postID=2485985714902805985

[GJ note - So many post anonymousely that the others have to respond to the Anonymous handle plus the time stamp. Hence this one is Anonymous at 12:41PM, Anonymous 12:41.]


Anonymous said...
Just so all the readers of this blog know the real reason “Mathias” is anonymous is because he is not a real pastor. He is a fraud. He is not a WELS pastor so he pretends and remains anonymous.
He has also been deleting these comments so if you read this you are one of the fortunate few. He has become like li’l Greg and his icky blog deleting anyone who disagrees with him.
To Spencer, Baker, Vernon, Lidtke et. al. If you continue to post and respond here please do not be surprised when people do not take you seriously elsewhere. It shows a lack of common sense to take up whatever issues you may have with the WELS with someone who is a fraud and deletes comments so only one side is known. If I am ever personally at a Synod or District Convention with you I will personally see to it that as many pastors and lay people know that you are the ones who post on blogs with someone who fakes being a pastor and who deletes any comments from the other side. You will have no one to blame but yourselves for your own poor reputation. (Being OK with someone impersonating a pastor will not be received well by anyone.) Show common sense and “mark and avoid.”
To “Mathias,” I pray that whatever sick thing is going on in your head you will repent of your sin of impersonating a pastor. It is a sin, no matter what you say, to impersonate a pastor. I pray you listen to me before you listen to God in judgment.
I have a feeling however that instead of applying God’s Law to your own heart you will just delete my post.
August 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Blogger Matthias Flach said...
The comment above was caught by the spam filter, but I let it through so that everyone can see how the WELS company men fight. Very dirty. Very personal. Very threatening.

I'm also very curious why this individual is so certain that I'm not a pastor. Why would someone anonymously pretend to be a pastor? I'm not sure how to prove that I really am a WELS pastor, but I am.
August 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Blogger Matthias Flach said...
One other thing. I've never deleted posts by people from the other side of the argument. In fact, as anyone who has actually read this blog would know, I am eager to respond, sometimes line-by-line, to the arguments of other. I have also repeatedly asked for people on the other side of issues to make a case for their position.

There has only been one time that I've deleted comments. There were some off-topic personal attacks against someone else on one thread that I got rid of. That's it though.
August 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Blogger Pastor Paul Lidtke said...
My goodness. One observation about LCMS call practices and an interesting happening in the early years of my ministry surely deserved that anonymous threat, don't ya think? Anonymous at 12:41, you've given the WELS ministerium more of a black eye than anyone else who has posted on this blog!
August 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

tlcsvaz@orthodoxlutheran.info said...
Matthias - Here's how to prove you're a WELS Pastor: Who won the World Series in 1939? Oh, wait that would only prove you're not a Japanese spy. OK, how about - what was J.P Meyer's nickname, or Carl Lawrence's, or which side was J.P. Koehler on; no, I know, I know, where do you put the apostrophe in Protestant, like the Conference of former WELS guys? Better yet, who once wrote that "forgiveness is found at the foot of the cross?" You other guys could ask him what his "Bonecruncher" name was or something like that.
Daniel Baker said...
LOL i think i've only posted here once or twice too, Pr. Lidtke. Couldn't be lumped with better company, though.
Matthias Flach said...
Maybe this helps people to understand better why I've been publishing anonymously. If your name is attached (even superficially, apparently) to anything that dares to criticize the infallible WELS, your name will be remembered, you will be threatened, and it will be used against you whenever possible.
Vernon Knepprath said...
To anonymous @ 12:41, if Matthias posts anonymously because he's a fraud, why do you?

Vernon

Dr. Joseph Jewell said...
Can I get my name on the list, too? I am happy to be counted in the company of such men as Mr. Baker, who stood tall at the last Synod Convention and spoke truth to power against the NIV2011, and Pastor Lidtke, who has provided continuing pastoral care and advocated for laymen (and women) callously and abusively treated by their shepherds in his district.

How exactly, Anon 12:41, are you so sure "Matthias" is not a pastor? Nothing I've read here seems very unlikely to me.
Anonymous said...
The anonymous poster at 12:41 was out of line and his contributions are not helpful here. But let's be careful not to make assumptions about the entire WELS ministerium based on his one post. There is a reasonable middle (which I believe is a majority), and we will continue to gather there.
Randall Schultz said...
Please put my name on this list also. I still remember my confirmation vow from 45 years ago. I also remember the warnings from my father about windbags like these WELS company men. They sound like we need to mark and avoid them.
Randall Schultz





***

GJ  - Anonymous at 12:41 has been drinking the bong water again. One strange accusation involves the Polluted WELS blog and my blog deleting comments. I made a point of copying comments into the main article so they could not be deleted. People like Jack Kilcrease deleted their own comments (and blogs!) so often that "kilcrease" became a verb meaning - to delete a series of comments previously made. I have followed the Polluted WELS fairly closely and I have never seen one deleted by the blog host.

Sometimes legitimate writers delete because they recognize their typos too late.