Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Am I a Soldier of the Cross - A Follower of the Lamb?
Must I Be Carried to the Skies on Flowery Beds of Ease?
WELS Victory of the Lamb Says - "Yes!"


This idiotic ad was leaked by a WELS congregation. 

Hat tip to:

http://welsdocument.blogspot.com/2014/12/comfy-chairs-important-in-wels.html


www.victoryofthelamb.com


"Am I a Solder of the Cross"
by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748

1. Am I a solder of the Cross,
A foll'wer of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own
His cause Or blush to speak His name?

2. Must I be carried to the skies
On flow'ry beds of ease
While others fought to win the prize
And sailed thro' bloody seas?

3. Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace
To help me on to God?

4. Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord!
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.

5. Thy saints in all this glorious war
Shall conquer though they die;
They see the triumph from afar
With faith's discerning eye.

6. When that illustrious Day shall rise
And all Thine armies shine
In robes of victory through the skies,
The glory shall be Thine.

Hymn #445
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: 1 Cor. 16:13
Author: Isaac Watts, 1721
Composer: Thomas Ests, 1592
Tune: "Winchester Old"

---

http://victoryofthelamb.com/expect/

WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT WHEN COMING TO WORSHIP AT VICTORY OF THE LAMB?

  • Enjoy Hospitality – Goodies, coffee and all kinds of yummy stuff. All completely free… just like grace!
  • Dress Comfortably – Wear clothes. Whether they’re in style… that’s up to you!
  • Casual Atmosphere – Reclining movie theater seats with cup holders. Need we say more? No.
  • Serious Faith – We take God very seriously, but try not to take ourselves too seriously.
  • Modern Worship – Relevant messages, musical variety, helpful videos.
  • Ancient Roots – Sacraments, Scripture, Jesus at the center… always.
  • Brings the Kids – Bible Quest is a safe, fun kids’ ministry for all kids ages 18 months – 5th grade. Otherwise feel free to bring them into church. We’ll have a live service feed in the lobby in case you feel they’re getting too rowdy.
  • Relax – There are other people like you. We’re all just getting guidance for our lives and learning about how much God loves us.
  • Truth – You want a doctor who’s going to be honest enough to help you, right? Don’t you want a church that will do the same?

***

GJ - The joke is on me, I guess. Their beliefs are copied from the brochure I wrote and offered to lend to anyone who wanted to use it. Some of the wording is changed.