Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Controversy Is Good - Separating the Good Flour from the Wormy Flour

Synod President Matt Harrison ordered his Steadfast pals to erase evidence of
malfeasance in regards to sex offender Darwin Schauer.
And the "Steadfast" editors did erase the evidence.
I do not want to be a member of a synod like that.

Synod President Matt Harrison:
When a public teacher on the roster of Synod can without consequence publicly advocate the ordination of women (even participate vested in the installation of an ELCA clergy person), homosexuality, the Errancy of the Bible, the historical critical method, open communion, communion with the reformed, evolution, and more, then the public confession of the synod is meaningless. I am saying that if my Synod does not change its inability to call such a person to repentance, and remove such a teacher where there is not repentance, then we are liars, and our confession is meaningless. I do not want to belong to such a synod, much less lead it. I have no intention of walking away from my vocation. I shall rather use it and, by the grace of God, use all the energy I have to call this Synod to fidelity to correct this situation. 
Matt Harrison


***



GJ - Luther made a great comparison, which resonates with bakers. He called doctrinal controversy separating the good flour from the wormy flour. 

Pantry moths are often called flour moths because they love to start out in flour, spreading to anything organic afterwards. If a food source has been invaded, it has to be thrown out, because those buggers lay 300 eggs at a time. One flour moth may be cute, but having their webs and carcasses and everything else around is more odious than a Church and Change gathering.

Like Changers, the moths are easily trapped with sex. Put some pherome on stickum, and the male moths are stuck fast, dreaming of romantic nights, but fluttering away in frustration and hunger.

The position of the LCMS, WELS, and ELS is that discussion is harmful to Holy Mother Sect. Anyone who wants to discuss issues, crimes, abuse, false doctrine - banished and slandered six ways from Sunday.

One pastor in WELS held to the correct position on the efficacy of the Word. After WELS got rid of him, he was not even allowed to commune, even though his former DP had agreed with that position (not that Mueller really meant it). So this kindly man - who never blogged - eventually got communion before he passed away. He asked me how he might get some emotional support from the synod he served all his life. I said, "Murder your wife. WELS will back you 100%." He knew what I meant about William Tabor and Al Just. He wrote back, "No, I love my wife."

I even asked Mark Schroeder to do something about it, during that brief time when Schroeder contacted me about this and that. He responded, "No."

I think it is time for a lot more controversy. You will not see it at the Emmanus Conference, because only one side will be represented. ELS Pastor Jay Webber came to an earlier one anxious to sell his version of UOJ. He tried to influence another pastor by saying, "Greg Jackson has a demon. Do not listen to him."

I am not so anxious to use the demon card. I say, "Listen to Jay's nonsense. Read his paper. Underline the most contradictory and anti-Christian parts. Let the discussions begin - by email, face-to-face, on blogs and websites, in magazine articles and books."

What do these two have in common - Mark Jeske and Robert Schuller?
They are both New Agers, selling snake oil and fading away fast.