I have plenty of contacts from all three divisions of the Stephan-Walther sect, the Saxon sex cult that followed their syphilitic bishop to Perryville, Missouri, joined the Loehe group, and excommunicated Loehe - as their show of gratitude. They stole their bishop's land, books, gold, and jeweled chalice - after overlooking his serial adultery for years.
The common thread is this - Missouri leaders, ELS leaders, and WELS leaders treat people like Dreck. That is the ultimate test:
- How do they deal with the victims of clergy sex abuse?
- What do they do about clergy who abuse their own children?
- If a DP is a drunk or child molester, what do they do?
- How do they respond to laity who beg them to grow a Lutheran spine?
- Where is the money? as people still wonder about Stephan and Walther.
- Are they honest about the crimes committed around them?
- Do they have a child-like faith or an MBA in controlling people?
- How often do they destroy evidence of a serious crime?
- Did they feel any compassion for the first Mrs. Schwan? Or did a billion dollars erase their guilt and his?