Tomorrow the Emmaus Conference will begin, in hopes of uniting the LCMS, WELS, and the ELS behind universal forgiveness without faith - Objective Justification.
The co-conspirators have published the outline of Jay Webber's defense of Halle Pietism -
This Conference Promotes the Objective Justification of Stephan, Not Justification by Faith from the Scriptures and Confessions
Note the Objective Justification material being foisted upon the Synodical Conference. Although the Walther gang triumphed with the Brief Statement of 1932 and made it canonical even ueber-canonical, most people do not bend the knee to Stephan's Halle justification concept.
As previously confessed, Walther got his Easter Absolution nonsense from his adulterous cult leader, and Stephan got it from Halle University.
Another parallel. Stephan never finished a university program and was not qualified to be a pastor, let alone a bishop. Jay Webber and John Buchholz only have MDivs, and they lack any scholarly credentials. I will take that back - no two people are better qualified to lead the sheep astray. "They know not that they know not," as Plato once wrote.
- As others have written, Objective Justification is a new term, not one used or accepted before the Halle Pietism lectures of George Knappe were published and translated into English. Walther later accepted the terms with approval, but they came from the Calvinist translation of Knappe.
- Class - what do the OJ-SJ gurus call Justification by Faith? - Correct, they call in Calvinism!
- Gausewitz wrote a catechism, widely used in the Synodical Conference, which never mentioned this double justification concept.
- Halle Pietism's concept morphed into Objective Justification for the mainlines and all modern theologians.
- At this low point in the Synodical Conference, where the leaders gladly work with ELCA and take money from abortion-loving Thrivent and its bagman, Jeske, these two knuckleheads - Webber and Buchholz - only want to talk about their previous Objective Justification.