I know as much as others about two different groups of people who left WELS. Universal salvation - without faith - was one issue. Any denomination so completely bankrupt in doctrine will naturally bear many more bitter fruits of apostasy.
- when men shall revile you
- and persecute you
- and say all manner of evil against you falsely.
- Charm - so they can get information and spread it in their own words.
- Backstabbing - so they can separate friends who might support each other.
- Bribes - so they can silence opposition.
- Threats - so they can scare people into silence.
- Slander - so they can make everyone afraid of opposing their agenda.