The WELS' social media is so bad and I would hate for the CLC leadership to come to a fellowship with them without recognizing how terrible the leadership at MLC is with discipline. I very much think you would be the best Dean of Students there to get things in order so they quit leading children astray.
GJ - The author asked about Church Growth, making disciples, Matthew 18, and the inevitable WELS-CLC merger.
First of all, both groups are in such rapid decline that they will need to work out some kind of arrangement. The Tiefel cousins, James and Paul, would love that, because both men teach the same false doctrine.
But a WELS-CLC (sic) merger would be as effective as the KMart-Sears combo, two dying turkeys linked together in a swan dive.
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
This passage not only refers to the young but also to those who are still new in the Christian Faith. The obnoxious abuse of students at the prep, college, and seminary level is an abomination. WELS uses it to drive out anyone who might object to anything in Holy Mother Sect. The system of abuse also hardens and blinds those who go along by participating or by saying nothing.
Parents have their part in this -
- Our little prince or princess can do no wrong.
- Our child is essential for the school team, so discipline would hurt the school.
- We were worse in college.
- I'm a WELS "name" so my kid gets high grades, no matter what.
|This is Ski's photo of Andy Stanley worship.|
In fact, Ski said he and the eight WELS church workers
all worshiped there at the conference.
Does this rock nightclub ambiance remind anyone
of the ideal WELS venue?
- The pulpit, because it suggests a Gospel sermon about the Word instead of a coaching session based on blowhard motivational speakers.
- The pipe organ, because that is the best musical instrument for supporting liturgical worship and classical hymns with Christian content.
- The baptismal font, because Jesus emphasized an infant and adult baptizing Church, convicting the world of its unbelief in Him (John 16).
- The altar, because Holy Communion is the norm for Sunday services and all special Holy Days.
- A sound system that will induce tremors in everyone's sternum.
- Soft drinks to take into church.
- Bags of treats to munch during the entertainment seeker service.
- A sleazy, half-baked, talentless rock band to attract the balding boomers and provide potential income when the group goes on the road. Don't judge. Jeske's Koine group demands $3,000 up front to appear.