Thursday, February 25, 2016

Another Set of Books Out the Door.
Making Disciples: The Error of Modern Pietism Is Close to Production


This project took months, because Walmart used up my extra time and energy.

First I sent some ancient Melo Cream calendars to a classmate who is part of the historical society in my hometown area. One calendar is perhaps 70 years old, showing my older cousins as little children.
That was long promised.

Second, I mailed the box promised to the best researcher around, whose name I cannot reveal. One book was signed by Jack Preus himself after denouncing Otten at the Indianapolis convention, as I recall.

A third book box went to another blogger, to help with Greek studies.

A fourth one went to Concordia, Ft. Wayne, to a seminarian.

Most of my purchases are Kindle or used books from Alibris. I found three books on Tyndale for a total cost of $20.

I enjoy finding great Lutheran classics for almost nothing and passing them on to other students of Lutheran doctrine. Sometimes I just send them directly from Alibris.



Apart from that, I send my books from Amazon. Some people donate extra and that makes it easy to send 10 to 15 books at a time. ELDONA received 25 copies of The Faith of Jesus: Against the Faithless Lutherans.



Making Disciples: The Error of Modern Pietism
The new booklet is being illustrated by Norma Boeckler.

The booklet looks at the relationship between Pietism and the almost-universal shift from "teach all nations" to "make disciples of all nations."