Friday, February 19, 2016

UOJ Negates the Means of Grace - Comment from a Reader



Hello,

We have spoken before, and I was wondering if you would clarify a couple of things for me. So, if I understand UOJ correctly then all men are justified but it doesn't apply to them until they believe. So really there are two justifications. One that all people get and then the one an individual gets when he believes that he is justified. I know they like to call it two sides of the same coin, but that seems silly to me.

So, if all men are justified, why would they need to be baptized? That is my question. Don't we  nullify the means of grace when we preach the world justified? It just seems so ridiculous. Why do I need to be justified again if I am already justified? And aren't they believing in their justification rather than Christ's atoning work? 


I think it goes for the Lord's Supper too. Why would I need it to strengthen my faith if I am justified already?

I have been talking through this in my head for close to two years now. It frustrates me.

On another note, my son and I have been learning Koine Greek. I took your advice and we are starting to read through John one verse at a time using the KJV as our answer key. We aren't doing too bad. 


***

"...must accept by faith this general absolution"
which is nowhere to be found in the Bible, Luther, or the Book of Concord.
"Frayans, Ah want y'all to make a decision for salvation without faith.
Amen? Amen!"


GJ - Copies of The Faith of Jesus: Against the Faithless Lutherans are on the way.

Their talking point is - "there are not two justifications," but why do they always talk about Universal Objective Justification and barely mention their precious Subjective Justification, which is nothing more than Making a Decision for UOJ, as CFW Walther BA, taught.

If we pay attention to the extreme Universalism cited by Robert Preus, quoted by Jack Cascione and Paul McCain, then there is no reason to baptize babies - or adults. Likewise, there is no reason to offer or participate in Holy Communion, a neglect that is often reflected in the - ahem - church architecture of Church Growth LCMS and WELS hives of Enthusiasm.

This extreme language (see below) is parroted by Jay Webber and Jon Buchholz with their code words - completed salvation, completed justification. At the cross, the empty tomb. or the angels speaking to the shepherds, they imagine everyone in the world - without faith - was absolved from all sin and saved. Completed. End of story, as Jon-Boy Buchholz wrote.


Greek is not difficult to learn - professors make it hard by their ponderous way of listing vocabulary and grammar rules to follow.

What you are doing will create a wealth of knowledge that will bear fruit in Biblical knowledge and a decided advantage in all academic tests and assignments.

The Romans considered knowledge of Greek to be basic for a real education.