Thursday, March 24, 2016

New Booklet Title Now Established



I start the day with coffee and writing. Lately I fixed Mrs. Ichabod some hot tea and brew coffee for myself. She officially approved the new booklet concept.

This will follow the Creation Gardening book.

Luther and the Word: The Lost Dutchman's Mine Discovered

I might reverse the subtitle and title, but that is the concept. I taught in the Suspicion Mountain range, Apache Junction, in the Phoenix area. The Lost Dutchman's Mine was often featured in the news, because no one found it, yet there was proof that exceptional gold was found somewhere out there.

Dutchman is the Americanized name for a German - Deutschman - so I thought that fit Luther very well. Besides that, he compared the Scriptures to a gold mine. The Book of Concord often calls the Gospel a treasure.

Contents

I. First - the historic view of the Scriptures.

II. Second, Luther's view of the Word of God and the Scriptures.

Some dealing with the modernist evasions about infallible and the Bible containing God's Word but not God's Word.

Roman Catholic evasions - gra-a-a-a-a-ay areas of Scripture, the pope needing to clarify it, Holy Mother Synod - all the excuses used by Lutherans today.

III. Annotated Lutheran reading list - the most important books to read for theology students, clergy, and laity. I already have an offer to help with the research and a suggestion for the book list.

IV. Pretty good books. For those building up their libraries, paper or Kindle, additional titles.

V. How to find books, printed and Internet.