Creation Gardening means avoiding the big mistakes. In roses, that means
- Failing to prune consistently, which is not much work.
- Imagining that fungicides will stop black spot.
- Ignoring the complex dependencies of Creation, which work on their own, given a chance.
- Trusting in man-made fertilizers when God does a much better job.
|But he lost the Best Dressed Rosarian award.|
- Fallen leaves, dying seeds, pollen, dead insects.
- Mushroom compost and the excretions of billions of soil creature.
- Mown grass left in place.
- Rain fertilized by lightning.
- Animals large and small that die in the soil - moles, voles, earthworms, and springtails, to name a few.
- Bacteria and protozoa fighting a war over which will dominate.
|I made way for the new roses for the altar flowers,|
disposing of this Veterans Honor rose in the garden,
but the bloom still remained full and brilliant red for days.