Mother Lode - Efficacy of the Word - Linked Here
In the garden, I still broadcast. When I received 5,000 tansy seeds, I reached into the bag and began scattering them on the ground. I have done the same with lettuce, grass seed, and many other seeds that easily take root and grow.
Those who believe in the efficacy of the living Word - which takes root when broadcast - will:
- Give expository sermons for the most part, because a verse by verse explanation teaches the Scriptures more thoroughly to the pastor first and the congregation second.
- Publish the sermons, because there are many who carefully read sermons and value the Word of God. One reader made a point of printing each one for his uncle each week.
- Broadcast over the radio, TV, or Internet, the last being the least expensive and most far-reaching. We spend $100 a month to make Ustream ad-free, so we have live services and saved files as well.
- Print materials that enhance Biblical doctrine, because everyone needs the education and the challenges afforded in printed material, which can be distributed across the world via publishing sites (Amazon, Lulu), PDFs linked on a blog or website, and even sent as a DrobBox link. Therefore a book or booklet can be sent to anyone in the world free as a PDF or as a Dropbox link and also printed as a traditional publication. Compare that to packing and shipping individual items, which was once my Post Office Ministry.
- Develop graphics that illustrate Biblical verses and doctrinal quotations. I get contributions from people whose names I forget - and from Norma Boeckler. Each person who helps is also learning.
- Post lectures or other offerings on YouTube.
- Podcast - This has been suggested by our Australian friend, Dr. Lito Cruz.