| Making Disciples is available on Kindle and Amazon |
or from me at the author's price.
Rejection of the traditional text of the New Testament has been fruitful for the apostates. They have diluted the impact of having one, clear, precise English translation - the King James Version.
Once the radicals got their hands on the Greek New Testament, they convinced the academics that routine toying with the text could provide endless variations in the readings and slowly destroy the concept of the Word of God.
The KJV family - which includes many modernized versions - is alone in using the traditional Greek text. The rest -
- New RSV
use the Nestle-Aland, which continues to change from the votes of the few who decide on the fate of each word.
Observe the invented rules about which Greek manuscript is best -
- There is a stronger presumption that the earlier date of a manuscript implies "greater purity of text" (p. 59)
- A reading that is apparently an "improvement" of the text is less likely to be authentic (p. 27)
- A more difficult reading is to be preferred as scribes tended to "smooth away difficulties" (p. 28) - from KJVToday
- How do we know that a manuscript is earlier than another? The real issue in transmission is care for accuracy.
- Could something seen as an improvement actually be the better choice in the first place, the confused or confusing word a matter of inattention, bad eyesight, bad hearing?
- Who defines difficult? If an apostate calls it difficult for believers, then the apostate editor of the Greek New Testament is going to choose something harmonious with his many doubts. This rule is the most rewarding for turning the New Testament text into a set of Tinker Toys.
|The Faith of Jesus is available on Amazon and Kindle,or from me at the author's price.|
|Heiser, in his purple bishop shirt,|
is cleverly disguised as a UOJ advocate here,
with Rolf Preus and Steven Brockdorf, UOJ examplars,
proving a chameleon can turn every color - except white.
| "Do we look Eastern orthodox?"|
Yes, you do.
| "Anathema sit! Burn those books!|
We alone are the Means of Grace on earth."