Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Book Ministry Continues

This is one of many editions of the GNT.

I have packed a box of books with Luther's Sermons (Lenker edition) and a Greek New Testament.

The GNT came from JD, because he knew I would find someone who needed one - and I did. The same person is proofing the new Luther's Sermons and needs the printed edition to check what I am putting into Word from the blog, which suffers from OCR oddities. I got those sermons from an odd site that seems to give away tons of material in exchange for ads.

Tonight I will experiment with vol 2 of the Lenker series, putting each book volume into a separate Word file. I hope to get them into four volumes with good font size. I really dislike editions of anything that force the font size down to get more onto the pages. For some of us, that makes reading them impossible.

How would you react to giant, fat bunnies
taking over your town. Our garage was almost like that.

This reminds me of raising bunnies. We had one and someone said, "I hear you have a rabbit. Would you like another?" Soon we had babies and even more gift rabbits. We became a lagomorph Distribution Center. Soon we were reading about rabbits and their beneficial contributions to the garden, their value as meat, and the way their population controlled the predators - not vice verse.




We read about famous rabbit movies, such as the terrifying Night of the Lepus, with the future Bones (Star Trek) in it. We had many jokes about this hobby and how I got maneuvered into caring for the rabbits because I wanted their high nitrogen output. We actually bred red wiggler earthworms under the cages.

Where was I? Oh yes, Greek. We are having a great time in the Greek class. It makes me think about providing more classes on Ustream. I am thinking about it because that way I can choose to teach what I want. The online university system is frustrating to me because of the utter lack of communication, except for happy talk PR releases.

Future book plans include:

  1. Luther's Sermons - very soon.
  2. Another Luther book. I can think of two others as well.
  3. A new Lutheran dictionary planned, based on quotations and Icha-slang. 
 Clancy loves to pose for his staff - Liz.