|Link to Amazon - Churches That Abuse|
I chose the lead graphic, and readers will understand in a few minutes. Yesterday, Ranger Bob said, "What are you going to do about those weeds in the front yard?"
I said, "A strange question, coming from a guy who walked out his front door this morning to a bouquet of roses." He takes them to the cemetery for the graves of his sainted mother and his step-father, also an Army Ranger.
Bob laughed and said, "Oh yes, thanks for those. I really mean it."
I have weaponized weeds from years of adding earthworms, organic matter, and cover crops to the front garden. I have some grassy weeds that are knee-high. No problem. I trim them down, cover them with newspaper or cardboard, and add wood mulch. I compost the high nitrogen weeds on the spot. Their evil becomes my good, but only because of Creation.
All the plants and animals, down to the microbes, are created, engineered, and managed to serve us if we only let them:
- Most insects are beneficial by keeping the pests down;
- A toxin-free garden will multiply the birds, toads, and spiders, which also feed upon pests;
- Fungus, when left alone, will network all the plants, feed them, and even give them hydration;
- All weeds matter, so Dutch clover and Hog Peanuts can feed the soil while living, also post-mortem. The rest can be composted by denying them sunlight - almost instant soil food.
- thrown out,
- set on fire, and
- burned up.
- Shut off anything that makes it worse - evil institutions, evil friends, enabling family, and the urge to dwell on the past. That starts the healing.
- Abide in the True Vine. Hearing the Gospel Word, reading the Gospel Word, attending worship rather than a circus with clowns - that divine energy converts the weeds into God's blessings.
- In time, help others with the same experiences.