Monday, January 14, 2019

The Big Reveal for Newcomers to Classic Lutheran Books.
House Postils in All FormatsT

 The three volumes of the House Postils (sermons for Luther's household) will be produced in print, Kindle, and free PDF - all public domain.

We have had so many join the Classic Lutheran Books page on Facebook that I wanted to bring everyone up to date.

I began the Facebook page to let people know about all the great, classic Lutheran ebooks being offered by the Lutheran Library Publishing Ministry.

Meanwhile, I decided to make all my books public domain, so anyone could reprint, use, and translate those books without asking permission, paying a fee, or dodging my attorney, Glen Kotten.

The next logical step was - identify sources for other free or inexpensive books, including those in other languages. I am putting them on one Ichabod page for now. I may have to do some sorting in the future as the list grows. The titles I have are accessed by Dropbox links, whether the reader has that software or not.


  1. Luther's Semons and Gems in one file.
  2. Lenski's Commentaries in individual files.
  3. Some of my books - the rest will be added.
  4. Additional resources, such as Luther in many languages.
So the big reveal today is that the complete Luther's House Postils will be produced, as public domain books:
  • Full color, illustrated by Norma A. Boeckler.
  • Black and white print.
  • Color Kindle, 99 cents for each volume.
  • Combined color, all three volumes plus Household Gems, free PDF.
One volume is almost ready for the finishing editor and Amazon.

 Our artist-in-residence, Norma A. Boeckler, has contributed vast amounts of art to illustrate the Scriptures and hymns. She has helped others with their books as well.