Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge


Alec Satin suggested The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, so I ordered the geezer hard-bound edition with larger print. The book is massive, but I got one for about 10 dollars on the used market. I usually start with Alibris for "used" books. Most of them arrive in new condition at half price or less. Prices fluctuate wildly, so I watch the dips and buy during a bear market for a given title. For example, my dissertation went for $60 as a book and later sold for far less, all in the used market. Right now it ranges from $80 down to $5.50 for one almost new. Hey!

Any hot, new best-seller will probably sell for half-price at Alibris.

This is how the New Treasury works - one example. I wondered how they treated efficaciously, 1 Thessalonians 2:13. Looking that up, I found familiar and new links to various Biblical passages. And - this particular verse had links for other phrases, too, so it is very thorough.

I always write sermons with Luther and Lenski open, but this is a good, new resource. I will use it more and report on it later.