Sunday, December 29, 2019

Wednesday Night Classes - Pilgrim's Progress, and John's Gospel in Greek

 We will use this print version of Pilgrim's Progress
and
this free ebook version of Pilgrim's Progress.

My review of the book on Amazon -

Bunyan Studied Luther's Galatians Almost as much as the Bible

"Pilgrim's Progress is a beautiful allegory of the Christian life. Those who want an overall treatment first might view a video, an animation, or even an illustrated children's book. The Biblical lessons come to life in the characters and their names. Bunyan warned against false doctrine and encouraged people with the Gospel in these lessons. It is one of my favorite books of all time."


My main page is


I will start Pilgrim's Progress Wednesday evenings at 7 PM using our Ustream link. If I am more organized, I will put each video lesson on Facebook, on its own page, and on this blog ahead of time, and print them as a booklet.


That will continue until Ash Wednesday, when I will begin Greek lessons - very slowly at first. I keep the recording going for Greek lessons, each Wednesday, until Lent is over then continue on the video lessons on Wednesdays at 7 PM.

I have written a short commentary on the Gospel of John. That grew out of the last Gospel of John in Greek sessions.


 The ebook version of Pilgrim's Progress is free and portable for various digital devices.



Beginning Greek: A Functional Approach Steven W. Paine

ISBN-13: 9780195010138

ISBN-10: 0195010132

Paine is a long-standing favorite. People need this to know the basic endings and grammar. Copies cost from $22 up used. The ISBN numbers are handy for getting the best deal on Paine.