Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Publishing Plans for the Rest of the Year




  1. The Bethany Lutheran Hymnal Blog will be edited, improved, and garnished with author information and lists. That might culminate in a book of the top hymn texts (250-300). Norma A. Boeckler is adding illustrations, and she helps with every single project.
  2. I have started Understanding Luther’s Galatians: Graebner’s Translation - where I am going to add my commentary on OJ versus the Chief Article, with the complete text of the shorter Galatians.
  3. I will write The American Calvin: CFW Walther. The parallels with Calvin are overwhelming. Comparisons with Luther are underwhelming. Walther's Election without Faith will be addressed.
  4. A group of us will work on Bible texts and translations, to help explain the disaster of the NIV/ESV money machine and its devastating effect on Christian doctrine. 
  5. Projects get modified, added, dropped. I think the focus should be mostly Scriptural since that is so widely neglected.
  6. I have a folder for Word documents. When I retitle my older books as public domain in that folder, those files will be available for people to use freely in translations, edited versions, etc.