Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Amazon Shocked Me Today

Every time you review a book, an angel gets to revive another pipe organ and dedicate it to Bach.

Today I was fiddling with the controls on the Amazon publishing page. The reasons are known to a few people. I was starting to get somewhere when I clicked on their Author Central service to see about a book title or two.

That set off the fireworks. All the books are published, and they include all publishers.

But this threw me - all the book reviews are bundled together, not in any special order. 

The number of reviews shocked me. Mrs. Ichabod said, "You should have looked them up." I did, from time to time, but I never imagined so many gracious and appreciative mini-essays. Thank you everyone!

Book reviews, even very short ones, raise the visibility of a given book. The basic rules are below. I make a point of reviewing the massive output of Alec Satin, the Lutheran Librarian.