Friday, March 15, 2024

Harvesting Daffodils and Smiles

 

They have so many ways to make daffodils different.

The front and backyard are in full bloom for daffodils, which I planted - with some help - over the last few years. I am not content to plant a row of little soldiers. Instead, they are here, there, everywhere. 

I like to place flowers in the doors of our cul-de-sac. I started early this morning and found the cups blowing all over and the muddy garden a bit treacherous. So I am going for an afternoon distribution, with more warmth and less wind. Party cups make good vases.

Mothers Day is a good time to distribute roses on our block. We could have enough - Enchanted Peace is leaping up and leafing out. 

Enchanted Peace is like Double Delight with more horsepower.

PS - Charlie helped by jumping me from various angles in the safer backyard. And I thought the front yard's bumps and hollows were dangerous. It was fun to distribute the daffodils, many different styles. The hyacinths are blooming too.