Thursday, March 28, 2024

Plagiarizing ELCA - Who Else But WELS? - Denying the Resurrection of Christ.
The Big Five - ELCA-LCMS-WELS-ELS-CLC (sic) at Work

 

Jeske was just one of many WELS Judas goats leading his sect into arms of ELCA.

I knew I had entered a house of mirrors when I saw a poster on the door of the WELS seminary president - "Billy Graham Evangelism - Ask Paul Kelm." That seemed to clash with the WELS attitude of being the purest, best, most orthodox, utterly confessional sect in the world. 

The strangest part came when I received WELS materials on stewardship copied directly from ELCA, certainly not a co-inky-dink. (That is the pluperfect of coincidence, or, the ultimate coincidence.) The graphics and the explanations were copied from the drawings and the content of recent LCA/ALC stewardship. Various clergy people felt nervous when I asked about the plagiarism. 

I was listening to the propaganda of a seminarian when I asked, "Don't you know your District Pope is on the board with ELCA?" He came close to crying. "Why do you know this and I don't? I grew up in WELS!" I was engaged in various forms of journalism when he was growing up, so I devoured documents, reports, PR releases. The same story kept repeating itself with sanctimonious denials of WELS about what they were doing in bed with ELCA. 

The Joy Radio show appeared with WELS-LCMS-ELCA working together, the first time all the major Lutheran bodies openly worshiped together. That was heatedly denied by another WELS pastor who no longer talks to me (what a loss!). I phoned the ELCA secretary connected with the program and she told me that the WELS staffer came to their office all the time. She even had the ELCA staffer phone me about it, because I said, "WELS is saying you are lying about Joy Radio." That is the WELS defense when caught in fragrante delicto ("fellowship rules"). Read this link while sipping your Ovaltine. The ELCA senior staffer phoned me to clarify what was happening. As the link points out from 2019, the bed fellowship with ELCA has grown.

 This took place in 2009, when ELCA passed its  vote.
Now everyone knows - 
Anything Goes.


Denying the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

ELCA reached the tipping point at their 2009 convention. They published and denied the pile of garbage knows as Christian Dogmatics, 1984, a year fraught with  meaning.


Not just the Resurrection of Christ - everything divine was jettisoned from this soon-to-be ELCA seminary textbook still in print today. As I mentioned before, more than once, I bought the set and mailed it back to Fortress Press for a refund. Their churlish response to my short review was, "All the seminaries are using this." I got the money back and I saved quotations verbatim, chapter and verse.

The current Presiding Bishop of ELCA is on her fourth month of a leave of absence.