Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sources for Material



BD asked for my original source for the Mark Schroeder statement. Whenever I have a link, I post it. I looked for it at Issues in WELS, but it is not there. All I can say is that three people sent it to me, so it must be on the email-a-friend list, getting 100% coverage.

In Missouri there are secret email lists. Some are so large that they are populated with synod spies. One might as well assume that any meeting of any dissenters in any synod will be bulked up by people reporting to synod officials. The same thing happens in congregations, especially in WELS. The late Missiouri Synodical President, Jack Preus, referred to the "WELS KGB."

I hear many credible stories, but I only report what can be verified.

Yes, most of the facts have been kept from the laity, who are expected to pay, pray, and not ask questions, in that order. My intution tells me that things are even worse in WELS than the figures indicate. An editor told me Missouri is no better financially.