Sunday, September 9, 2007

Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant Is Now Published



I have published Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant on Lulu.

People will be able to download a PDF or order any number of books printed. The book is $24.95 on Lulu, plus shipping. The PDF file is $15.

Christian News will distribute the book, as soon as I check out the proof copy and order their copies.

I will have Lulu print some books for me to fulfill orders I received already. I will send a mailing out for initial orders, but I encourage impatient people to order from Christian News or Lulu.

I have plenty of plans for more publishing, so I cannot run a bookstore at the same time. I am always happy to oblige someone, such as the gentleman who just ordered Thy Strong Word. Still, writing and mailing are two different activities.

I would like to thank everyone for the encouragement and help. My chief executive editor, Mark Ochsankehl, is superb to the point of annoyance, laughing at my typos. Inspiring artwork was provided by Norma Boeckler. A Michigander did a fine job in looking for and finding my goofs. Our son Martin helped too. I had to gloat at the end when I found mistakes everyone missed. As Martin said, "Books are not finished, they are abandoned."

Rewriting the book reminded me of how much fun this was. Publishing it helped me realize how much time Tim Otten put into the first edition.

Some advantages in using Lulu are:
1. I can revise the book easily.
2. Their wholesale cost is not much different from the low-cost printer I was using in Michigan.
3. Anyone can order the book or PDF at any time.
4. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and others will also be able to take orders.

If you are an independent book seller, I will be glad to provide books on consignment.