Saturday, September 15, 2007

Church and Change - Its Own Jumpword


One WELS pastor told me, some time ago, "Church and Change is gone. It's over. Dissolved."

He believed it, and I believed he believed it. However, I did not believe it.

Sure enough, the dissolved, vanished, verboten Church and Change convention was being promoted on the WELS website.

While you were napping, Ichabod checked out the WELS.net jumpword list. Sure enough, Church and Change has its own jumpword on the official index. Type the right word into the jump index on the first page and you will have the Church and Change information which is part of the WELS.net website, not separate. Try it and check the link you get.

Jumpword................Result
churchChange..........Church and Change

I get this result:

https://www.wels.net/cgi-bin/WELSForms.pl?&dir=churchChange

I call that official recognition of heresy. How long will it continue?