Thursday, April 3, 2008

Planting a False Story


I received a "signed" comment on April Fool's Day about an Evangelical speaking at the Sausage Factory in Mequon. I was expected to post information and denounce it. I really do not know why I should have, even if it were true. The whole faculty adores Deformed theology now. They either promote it or say nothing against it.

Planting false stories is an old WELS/ELS trick. The idea is to promote a falsehood to someone who is a source for another person. Then, when the story is spread, denounce the person who believed the story (which came directly from a friend) without revealing who deceived whom in the first place.

One ELS hatchet man was angry that I published his story in Christian News about the Little Sect on the Prairie getting rid of the confessional VP, so they could get their guy in - John Moldstad. They knew Orvick eventually had to keep his annual promise of retiring. The VP in the ELS becomes Synodical Pope by divine promise, or something like that. The hatchet man did not like the liberals' plans being exposed in Christian News, so he planted a false and slanderous story about a prominent WELS pastor being caught in adultery. He told layman A. Layman A told his son B. Layman B told me. I checked it out. Totally false. I have to wonder about someone so warped that he would do something like that.

One WELS pastor left the ministry, not because he adored Church Growth, but because he copied Willowcreek sermons verbatim and lied about it. Someone fed a layman the story that this minister was being welcomed back into the WELS ministry. I checked it out - false story.

Laymen are surprised that synodical officials engage in these tricks. They should not be. An evil tree bears evil fruit.