Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank You, Valuable Sources



Getting Sisera's attention, in the good old days.


I get valuable material from many different sources. I recall one WELS pastor, calling up and screaming at me about my modest little doctrinal email.

At one point he asked me where I got my information. I told him, "WELS pastors and laity."

He repeated my statement, stunned beyond comprehension.

The screaming accelerated until he slammed the phone down in mid-rant.

Most contacts have a much better grip on reality - and their emotions.

All communications are confidential. My sources do not know each other unless they get together and talk. That happened recently. They thought it was pretty funny. So did I. But I did not let on to one or the other who was filling me in - or what each one said.

Every person has a different perspective. The more cautious have this boiler-plate statement, "I don't agree with everything you write." I always wonder, "How would that be possible?"

My chief aim is to arm pastors and laity with doctrinal and factual information.

And I do enjoy entertaining the glum prisoners of mainline Lutheranism.