Friday, September 5, 2008

Triglotta at NPH




Texas Pastor has left a new comment on your post "Timotheus Verinus":

Northwestern Publishing House's online cataglog (sic) does offer the Triglotta on DVD for $50 including the Historical Introductions.

***

GJ - Yup, he is a WELS pastor. Or he is using the phonetic Norwegian spelling for catalogue.

I am pleased that they are offering the Triglotta on a CD. I am inclined to order it myself. When I get it, I will publish a review on how it works. I am hoping that it makes searching, copying and pasting easy.

The Tappert is easier to carry but not as lethal against bugs. One swat with the Triglotta can take out small mammals. I do not fuss about Tappert being not so good. Tappert is better than no Book of Concord at all.

Bente's Introductions are great. There are many older publications that, by themselves, outshine the entire lifetime production of all the Lutheran Church Growth experts.

Borrowing from Luther, my favorite humorist - The Lutheran CG experts teach against the effectiveness of the Word, but they fill the world with all their words. If the Word is so ineffective, why do we need so much of their word?

Paul Kelm - take note.

---

Texas Pastor has left a new comment on your post "Triglotta at NPH":

"cataglog"?!?!?! "cataglog"!?!?!?!

("Sedagive??!?!?! Sedagive?!?!!? --Obligatory "Young Frankenstein" reference)

Argh!!!!!

Many thousands of apologies for such a silly slip of the fingers...that's what I get for commenting too late at night and not proofreading...that bothers me so much because I can't even explain it away by neighboring keys! Argh!

But at least NPH DOES have the Triglotta (and you can still get the printed version at the bookstores at MLC and the Seminary). It's even possible that they have printed versions available to order if you call NPH. That's happened to me before when I order things and ask about other things. Items not in the catalog (or catalogue) are sometimes still available. Why they aren't in the catalog (catalogue), I have no earthly idea.

Though, you are correct, an electronic Triglotta does not replace the fun of the massive hard copy that doesn't fit in any bookbag or briefcase known to man. I'm sure I wouldn't have been allowed to bring my Triglotta to jury duty last week as it would most likely be considered something "that could be a weapon."