Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The False Claim of Slander, Employed with Enthusiasm by Church Shrinkers



Many fear the WELS Grapevine. Why?


I was browsing Megatron for additional Eighth Commandment charges. Kelm's made me chuckle again. I had them dead to rights about the Joy Radio Show, developed jointly with ELCA, Missouri, and WELS.

In the database I found Norm Berg raging against me in a 1996 letter. He was completely in the bag for Church Shrinkage, studying at Pasadena. Anyone who heard him talk knew that. He stated I was dishonest. He did not explain how all the American Mission people were sent to study at Fooler Seminary, just like him, how WELS paid for pastors to study at Willow Creek. Now his two sons are Eastern Orthodox pastors, sinuflecting toward Rome.

I was warned in a 1989 letter by Waldo Werning, who confessed and denied that he studied at Fooler Seminary. The letter was stamped in red: CONFIDENTIAL CONFIDENTIAL. He claimed a WELS pastor dropped the dime on me, describing how my anti-CGM articles would hurt me in WELS.

District Pope Marcus Nitz sent his letter in 1991, with copies to everyone except Handsome Dan, warning and threatening me. He mentioned that I had taken on the entire Sausage Factory faculty by disagreeing with Valleskey. I could picture them, running away, as Valleskey did when I approached him at the Ohio conference.

One supposed CG critic sent a letter around to various people, giving me the Left Foot of Fellowship, because I asked to quote his tepid dissertation. Now they call this "being thrown under the bus."

Of course, I got ugly, hate-filled letters from District Pope Mueller and Vice Pope Kuske. That was routine for them. They ran interference for Stolzenburg, CrossRoads Community Church, Lutheran Parish Resources, and various adulterous pastors in the district. I was clearly not up to their standards.

Their counterparts are found in the Little Sect on the Prairie and the Church of the Lutheran Confession (sic). Same doctrine; same antinomianism; same MO; same personalities. Minor problems of adultery and incest were dwarfed by the sin of questioning Holy Mother Synod. As one dimwit president wrote me, "You have shown contempt for CLC resolutions." Shown contempt? I was doing my best to hide it.

Let me take the time to thank these people for betraying their loyalty to their Father Below. They did not intend to be a blessing to me and my family, but they have been and continue to be. I am sorry that they have crushed and devoured many of my friends, who hardly raised a protest against the Shrinkers, but paid the ultimate price for having a single negative thought.

The real slanderers (Eighth Commandment) are the Church Shrinkers. They destroy the good name of pastors, laity, even church leaders who get in their way.

  1. When Corky K. criticized the Shrinkers in a paper, his fellow WELS pastors spread the story that he was "brain-damaged." He served as pastor to many or most of the drones at The Love Shack.

  2. When the former president of the seminary questioned the dissolution of Northwestern College, they called him "senile."

Those are the men who issued a DPS call to Paul Kelm.