Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Funny Posts



Besides, Gunga Don Patterson has dibs on the zebra.


Every so often someone anonymously calls on me to repent. This time someone gave a keyboard-lashing to an individual who commented on a story.

I have no problems with people offering anonymous comments in favor of Ichabod. I know how nasty the Church and Chicanery people are. I have been shocked to learn, for instance, how extensive the Don Patterson political network in WELS is. And I thought I was unshockable at this stage.

I can also see why people post information anonymously. They know how the WELS KGB works. (WELS KGB is a Jack Preus term.) The ministers go around saying, "Did you give him that story?" or "Who told you?"

But I am trying to figure out the self-appointed ministry of anonymous calls for repentance. Can readers imagine the New Testament quoting John the Baptist and then having the crowd say,

"Who was that man?"
"I knoweth not. He gaveth not his name, for he was afraid."