Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Please Read This:
Veterans of Drive 08 and 09, Willow Creekers, and Fullerites



Martin Chemnitz, editor of the Book of Concord,
primary author of the Formula of Concord,
student of Luther and Melanchthon


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Doug Englebrecht - It's 10 PMDo You Know Where You...":

Two years ago I joined the local WELS church after having been Baptist most of my life. I do believe what I was taught in confirmation classes and could see where my old church had gone astray. I am sad to watch as my new church is drifting slowly but surely to look and act exactly like my old church. What is the alternative? I am at a loss.

***

St. Paul, Muskego (WELS) has the logo for Fireproof Your Marriage on its front page. The graphic boasts that the movie came from the same folks who produced Facing the Giants. For those who missed Facing the Giants, the plot revolves around a football coach at a Christian academy who has a losing team, a disastrous car, a childless marriage, and a bummed-out look on his face all the time. He yields himself to God (the only sacrament among the Reformed) and:

  1. His wife gets pregnant.
  2. His team starts winning.
  3. Grateful parents buy him a brand-new truck.
  4. The entire campus of the school breaks into little prayer groups.
  5. He smiles.

Needless to say, Peter Pan-denominational is a Church and Change activist, using The Simple Church, which is--naturally--Babtist.