Friday, August 28, 2009

Interesting Parallel



Thursday afternoon, libertarian journalist David Weigel sent out a message on Twitter that struck me as profound: "The proliferation of liberal media watchdogs has led to much, much, much more repetition of what conservatives say."

From The American Spectator

The most amusing example was the fake Ichabod copying my Photoshops (many done by others) and repeating my work, drawing more attention to the original blog.

That is the Wesley maxim that I try to follow - "If you can't convert them, at least make them angry." Angry people repeat to themselves and each other what upsets them most. When cultists call on me at the door, I do my best to leave them seething and shouting at me. People may find it difficult to imagine me having this effect - but six cultists have left my home shouting insults at me.

Doctrinal apostates are usually political Leftists as well. One Chicanery jumped in to defend the honor of Trust-fund Ted Kennedy. Nihil nisi bono (nothing except good said about the dead) only applies to honorable men.

There are Chicanery minders who check this blog daily so they can react, also so they can warn their pals about being named. One person has rigged Google to report when his father's name shows up on Ichabod. Don't worry - drunk driving does not qualify for a post.