Friday, August 28, 2009

Ted Kennedy--chuckle--Liked To Hear and Tell Chappaquiddick Jokes




Newsweek’s Ed Klein (told interviewer) Katty Kay about Kennedy’s love of humor. How the late senator loved to hear and tell Chappaquiddick jokes, and was always eager to know if anyone had heard any new ones. Not that Kennedy lacked remorse, Klein quickly added, seeming to intuit that my jaw and perhaps those of other listeners had just hit the floorboards. I gather it was a self-deprecating maneuver on Kennedy’s part, exercised with the famous Kennedy charm, though it sounds like one of those “I guess you had to have been there” things.

Link to quotation  


Notice on the audio that Ed Klein, a top editor at Newsweek, chuckled when he began to mention Kennedy's favorite jokes.


---

Mild Colonial Boy, Esq. has left a new comment on your post "Ted Kenneday Proved Why Felons Should Not Be Defen...":

I believe Pastor Jackson's comments are completely justified - after all, as I've seen written elsewhere, If they want to continually bring up Camelot, they should also mention the Lady in the Lake.

A poem by Hilaire Belloc seems appropriate.

Epitaph on the Politician Himself

Here richly, with ridiculous display,
The Politician’s corpse was laid away.
While all of his acquaintance sneered and slanged
I wept : for I had longed to see him hanged.